One Floor Up has been producing live events and virtual events for the past seven years. Our large corporate clients needed us to produce virtual events and live streaming for meetings, fundraisers and trainings. When we entered the upside down also known as COVID-19 life last March our event producers knew we had to pivot our event services if we wanted to continue to serve our clients. Our technical producer and show producer did weeks and weeks of research and experimenting and ended up coming up with a wonderful blueprint for our virtual event production services.
Our team uses a software called vMix. vMix allows us to switch the production just like we would in real life. Our technical producer can switch between speakers and presenters. They can serve up pre-recorded content, custom graphics and drive interactivity throughout the event. Our show producer will work with our clients to create the run of show, train all the speakers and presenters on how to use the technology and run rehearsals to make sure everyone is ready for the big event. We have successfully produced virtual events a few times a month since March and each time we are learning new things to improve the process and excitement of the event.
So far we have produced a live graduation ceremony for CSU Global. We produced multiple fundraisers, one even featured Tim McGraw! Along with these events we have worked with Ovintiv, 10,000 Villages, Webroot and Optum to name a few. We are looking forward to a few more virtual productions this month.
From an investment standpoint there are many directions a virtual event can go.
- 100% Remote Events – These are events that One Floor Up will help produce from remote locations. We will bring in presenters and speakers from any corner of the globe. We will customize the experience with graphics, lower thirds and pre-produced content. We can send camera, light and background kits for anyone looking to bring in-home production to a new level.
- Virtual Events in a Studio – These are events that are produced in a professional studio with lights, cameras and sets. One Floor Up can provide a variety of options here based on investment and need. We’ve had clients who asked us to build very elaborate sets with custom signage and multiple cameras. We’ve also had clients who bring in their own background and ask to just have one of our cameras plugged in for them.
- Hybrid of Remote & Studio – These are events where we build out a studio and bring cameras as well as speakers and presenters from remote locations. These can be scaled up or down based on requirement as well.
Along with the professionalism of a virtual event, it’s important to make them fun! Some of our clients have been very creative. Here are a few of our favorite ideas.
- Wine tasting- Just because you can’t have happy hour in person doesn’t mean you can’t have happy hour virtually. Usual wines ships mini bottles that you can send to your attendees and do some fun interactivity with polls and breakouts to discuss the wine.
- Cameo allows you to hire a celebrity or reality TV star to give a message to your group! No matter if the news is good or bad it will be more fun with a custom message from a celebrity.
- Interactivity with breakouts, polls, social media and fundraising has been a really great way to keep your audience engaged.
If you would like to talk to us about your event, we would be happy to discuss ideas and options to partner with us! We can’t let not being able to gather in person stop us from connecting. Get in touch with Robyn to schedule a call.